We've been there. Let us help you move forward.
If you ask just about anyone, their family is one of their top priorities and one of the most important aspects of their life. We understand that, and that’s why we love what we do. Helping people navigate different areas of their lives in relation to their families while creating a family-inspired environment of our own allows us to help you to untangle some of life’s most stressful chapters.
Going through a divorce? Need guardianship for an elderly loved one? Have questions about alimony? Our Worcester County family law firm can help. You don’t have to face life’s curveballs alone. We have years of experience helping the people of Massachusetts transition to the next phase of their lives by utilizing our resources in all things Family Law.
Our goal is to educate and provide you with favorable options so that you feel empowered to choose the best outcome.
When it comes to divorce, amicability is our first step – when that doesn’t work, we are not afraid to throw on the gloves and fight for you.
When you work with our firm you become a part of our family. You can rest assured that you have a fierce team of advocates backing you up.
We don’t sugar-coat here. We say it to you straight so that you always know where your case stands
Family law is a legal practice area that deals with issues related to family relationships, domestic matters, and personal affairs. It contains a wide range of legal topics and concerns that arise within families. Common areas of family law can include:
- Divorce and Separation: Family law governs the legal process of a domestic partnership or ending a marriage. This can include issues like property division, alimony, child custody, and child support.
- Child Custody and Visitation: This area focuses on deciding where a child will live, the visitation rights of non-custodial parents, and creating parenting plans that prioritize the best interests of the child.
- Child Support: Family law sets guidelines for calculating child support payments to help ensure that both parents contribute financially to their child's well-being.
- Adoption: Legal procedures and requirements for adopting a child, establishing legal parent-child relationships for adoptive parents, and removing parental rights of birth parents.
- Paternity: Cases involving the determination of a child's biological father, which is important and helps establish parental rights and responsibilities.
- Guardianship: Legal arrangements made for individuals who cannot care for themselves due to age, disability, or other reasons, where a guardian is selected to make decisions on their behalf.
- Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders: Laws that protect individuals from domestic abuse and provide tools to obtain restraining orders against abusive partners or family members.
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements: Legal contracts that couples enter into before or after marriage to manage property division and other financial matters in the event of divorce or death.
Family law cases can oftentimes be emotionally charged and complex, involving sensitive issues that require skilled legal representation and mediation. Our family law firm in Worcester County specializes in handling these matters and aims to protect your rights and interests while promoting the well-being of your family.
Why Should I Hire a Family Law Attorney?
It can be appealing to some to keep their family matters private and handle them alone. Without a thorough knowledge of family law or the jargon involved, however, this can leave substantial room for costly mistakes during the legal process. Relying on a team with significant experience in handling multiple unique situations can alleviate stress on you and your family, as well as potentially save you money in mistakes and time involved in handling your specific situation.
Having legal advice and counseling is another major advantage of hiring an experienced attorney. Though no two situations are the same, chances are we have seen or heard of something of a similar nature, and we have the knowledge and capabilities to guide you through this time in your life. In times of uncertainty, when you need to protect yourself and your family, you can lean on our experience and professionalism to help you move forward.
"O'Connor Family Law and specifically Lydia Field were amazing throughout my entire divorce process. Lydia was so knowledgeable, responsive, and helpful as we worked through the mountains of paperwork."- Sarah M.
"I am so happy with the services Attorney Khan provided, she came in at the last minute after a previous attorney did not fulfil his duties and she found errors he had made, worked all weekend on a rush to finalize my divorce."- Courtney O.
"LaKeshia Parker Smalls and her team were so wonderful throughout my divorce process. I spoke with a few other lawyers before hiring her who made me feel like a burden with all the questions I needed answers to."- Jessica C.
"Sasha Khan worked with me for 10 months on a child custody modification. She had a difficult case with the opposing party, but was very professional and driven to defend me and give advice through a very difficult time in my life."- Shannon W.
No Big Egos Here.
Hands in, team: we're on a mission.
We're the Real Help You're Looking For.
We're a team of real people who have been through what you're facing now. Because we've been there, we know the way out. Call us today.Reach Out To Get Started
O’Connor Family Law exclusively focuses on domestic relationships. Whether you need to go to court for a divorce or custody case, need help with a marital agreement, or are looking for someone to help you through mediation, our team has decades of combined experience that you can rely on the tackle all the twists and turns that might come up. While every case is as unique as the people in them, we’ve seen it all because this is all we do.
When you work with our dedicated family law firm in Worcester County, our job is to guide you through these challenges so you can take a step back and focus on your future.
If you are researching Family Law Attorneys, chances are there is a significant event or series of events happening in your life right now, and you may feel like you are alone. As a close-knit family of experienced and trusted attorneys, we are here to assure you that you are not. Let us work together as a team alongside you to ensure that your rights are protected, your needs are met, and you can plan for future questions and concerns with confidence.
Our Westborough law office is conveniently located just 5 minutes away from Ellsworth McAfee Park and 8 minutes away from Veteran’s Freedom Park. We are also less than 35 miles from Boston Logan International Airport (BOS).
Does It Matter Who Initiates Divorce? Massachusetts Family Law Explained
Massachusetts Mandatory Co-Parenting Course: Two Families Now Explained
Spreading Joy this Holiday Season: Join O'Connor Family Law at the Westborough Youth and Family Services Holiday Store
Should I Stay or Should I Go? Navigating High-Conflict Relationships
Do GALs Favor the Parent with the Better Job? Debunking Common Myths
What is a Guardian ad Litem in Massachusetts?